One More Skirt!

16 Jan

Another long weekend, another skirt completed:

This one, I think, is a little better. I like the shape of it, straight through the hips and then with a little flare. It’s based on the skirt pattern from the BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook. This time, I just copied the pattern pieces and then put it together myself, bypassing any potential confusion in the directions.

Between my rust handbag, my olive-green shift, and now this skirt, I have now depleted my stash of all corduroy fabric. But it’s such a good wintery fabric, I will relish wearing each of these items.

10 Responses to “One More Skirt!”

1. leahfranqui January 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Love this. So pretty.

2. gingermakes January 16, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

Really nice! You must be so cozy in all that corduroy!

• handmadejulie January 17, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Thank you. I do love it…it’s nice to pet. Which is probably weird, to pet one’s handbag, etc. But still. šŸ˜€

3. brownbirdgreenstring January 16, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

1. Lovely work!
    2. I LOVE CORDUROY!!! Have an indigo corduroy skirt on right now (but alas I did not sew this one myself…)

• handmadejulie January 17, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Thank you! Ah, indigo…I don’t have anything it *that* color, yet! šŸ™‚

4. Another Vegan January 19, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Love the skirt – was it a difficult pattern? I think my daughter and grand-daughers would love the skirt. They are learning to sew with their new sewing machine. =)

• handmadejulie January 19, 2012 at 9:23 pm #

Not too hard! It’s got a few more seams than a basic “front + back” skirt, but the construction is pretty standard. You do have to trace the pattern out, though, so that depends on their confidence, jumping in, and the patience of their teacher. šŸ˜€

5. Chris January 21, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

Nice!

(Note Self: make an A-Line skirt…)

6. mujerboricua January 23, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

What a fabulous color! I love being able to wear skirts in the winter. Corduroy is the best!